Halo: MCC – August Update Is Live
Last week, we gave you a preview of what’s coming in the latest update to MCC. Today, that update arrives—ready for installation to bring an array of exciting additions and improvements to your experience!
As a quick overview, here are some of the things coming with the August update:
- Five new Spartan armor sets for Halo 2: Anniversary
- Golden Moa campaign collectibles in Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach
- Acrophobia and Bandana skulls added to Halo: Reach
- Main menu background video customization
- New Forge options in Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary (object duplication, delete all, location name markers, “hold to bake lighting,” and more)
- Career menu UI overhaul
- Post-match poses
- Unified subtitle improvements
- Live playlist hopper data refresh at weekly reset
- “Season” naming changed to “Series”
- Bug fixes
For expanded detail on each of these items (and much more), head over to our August Update Preview blog!
A NOTE ON HALO: REACH MOD TOOLS
In the August Update Preview blog, we stated that mod tools for Halo: Reach were still in the process of being locked down and may come just a little bit later in order to ensure that they are up to the highest possible standard for public release.
This is still the case and Reach mod tools will unfortunately not be making today’s update. But worry not! You won’t be kept waiting very long for this feature, as we are aiming to release it in the coming weeks.
Halo: Reach mod tools are now available. Go forth and unleash your creativity!
With all that said, it’s time to go once more unto the breach and dive back into MCC! Unlock some new armor, get cozy with the new UI furniture, say goodbye to even more previous limits in Forge, make the main menu your own with your choice of background video...
We’ll see you on the other side!